MULTI PROPERTY HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER - HampshirePosting Date
Jul 16, 2021Job Number
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, North Harbour, Hampshire, HAMPSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
A very attractive opportunity on the South Coast acting as a trusted HR Business Partner to the Hotel Manager / General Manager at both Bournemouth and Portsmouth Marriott. The successful candidate will have access to the Marriott Management benefits including private health care, pension scheme, enhanced holiday entitlement, life assurance as well as global discounts across 30 different leading brands, world class training programmes, free parking and lots more..
The Human Resources Manager - Multi Property will have a dual report directly to the property General Manager / Hotel Manager and the Cluster DHR and will be an integral member of the property management team. As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property(s). He/she will be accountable for delivering the agreed cluster strategy as set by the Cluster DHR and team in regard to talent acquisition, succession workforce planning, engagement, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan and Hotel Balanced Scorecard(s), Hotel analytics and people plan aligned with property, cluster and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major, or 4 years' experience in the human resources, management operations.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major, or 2 years' experience in the human resources, management operations. It would be desirable the candidate experience of a multi-site operation, ore related professional area. CIPD qualified with relevant experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Implementing the Human Resources Strategy
- Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
- Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and cluster strategy.
- Translates cluster set business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property(s)
- Coordinates the human capital planning process on property and leads conversations with HOD's and General / Hotel Manager whilst working with the Cluster DHR planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
- Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up as requested by the Cluster team
- Creates value through proactive approaches on property and in conjunction with the cluster team that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
- Monitors effective use of MHUB by property managers and employees.
- Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
- Responsible for their hotels Human Resources strategy and execution as directed by the Cluster HR strategy
- Serves as key change manager for cluster defined initiatives that have high employee impact.
- Where applicable - as a senior member of the property management team, provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results for the property(s) (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); for the Custer team to present and attend owner visits - demonstrates in role an understanding of owner priorities.
- Leads and acts as the operational HR support for one or more on-property Human Resources team.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Delivers on property and serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Highlights and raises any opportunities within the property to assist in the efficiencies and opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Makes local staffing decisions to manage the talent pipeline at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with the Cluster HR Team) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
- Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Reviews and implements cluster strategies for hourly and local management employee total compensation strategy.
- Champions on property the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
- Participates in internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution as needed.
- Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Staff Development Activities
- Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties' Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
- Ensures property Human Resource staff are properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
- Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
- Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
- Drives the on property Legal and Marriott Policy compliance within the defined hotels ensuring that the hotels are legally compliant and ensuring all policy is implemented as required in regard to:
- Immigration and all right to work compliance
- Managing Employee Relation issues professionally and sensitively and in accordance with the employee handbook
- Maintaining employee files securely and in accordance with records and retention obligations as also set out in the HR Review
- All Financial Audit requirements that HR contribute to such as ISRA, IR35 and Audit Lite
- Payroll compliance and reporting
- Supports the property Health and Safety Committee with HR relevant safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, First Aid training, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Adhere to Covid-19 guidelines and cleanliness regimes as appropriate and in accordance with BSA requirements
- Adaptability - Develops hotel level strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Compensation and Benefits - The knowledge of principles, regulatory laws, and application of human resources compensation and benefit methods, including workers compensation and work accident procedures.
- Employee Relations - Knowledge of country applicable and local laws and regulations that affect employment. This includes the ability to administer and monitor progressive disciplinary programs and analyzing diversity reports.
- Associate Relations - Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes knowledge of federal and state laws, company policies and practices, and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an appropriate resolution to an employee or labor relations complaint.
- Recruitment and Hiring - Ability to recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates. This includes knowledge of best practices for each stage of the selection system.
- Training - The ability to perform training needs assessment analysis, develop training programs, and effectively delivering training modules to employees.
- Payroll - In conjunction with UK payroll support to have knowledge of principles and application of human resources hourly and management payroll methods and practices.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Computer Skills - The ability to use HR Data systems and ability to use Microsoft Office (excel, word, access, and outlook).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.