Leisure Attendant - Male Locker Rooms - Edinburgh Posting Date
May 21, 2021Job Number
Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The award winning One Spa has an exciting opportunity for a MALE Spa Attendant. One Spa is part of the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh and we are looking for a Spa Attendant to join our award winning luxury Spa. Based over several floors our Spa comprises of 19 metre swimming pool, poolside sauna, Rooftop Indoor and Outdoor Hydropool, an extensive thermal suite, numerous treatment rooms, a fully equipped gym and studios and a variety of 5 star products and services. This role involves working 40 hours per week on 5 days out of 7. There will be weekend work and it involves Early and Late shift cover with the earliest start time of 06:00 and the latest finish time of 22.30. Requirements: Under the guidance of the duty management team, ensure the highest standards of maintenance, hygiene and cleanliness in all aspects of the spa operation. Particularly the changing areas, Poolside, the Thermal Suite, gym and treatment floors Supporting the spa therapists, receptionists and the Fitness team, you will be a constant presence for our guests and members; assisting them with their needs and requests. You will have passion for outstanding guest service, a positive attitude and effective communication skills. You will be quick, efficient and you will pay close attention to the smallest details. Duties:
- To be aware of all facilities offered and any promotions on offer at any given time.
- Assist with tours, showing our facilities as required
- Must adhere to training as set down by your Manager/Supervisor
- To always be punctual and prepared in advance.
- Will be expected to ensure lockers are stocked with clean linen at all times and remove soiled linen.
- To receive training to ensure that all-relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety at work Law and Health and Hygiene standards are implemented and monitored within One Spa.
- To maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by your Manager/Supervisor
- Display courtesy to guests and other members of staff at all times.
- To attend to guests throughout the entire spa operation.
- Ensure guest areas, including locker areas and fitness areas, are kept clean and up to standard, following our Commitment to Clean guidelines
- The desire to work within a luxury five star environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Excellent understanding of client care and five star standards
- Committed, enthusiastic and customer focused
- Ability to work reactively and proactively
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated and passionate team
When you join Marriott International, the world's largest hospitality company, you will enjoy unlimited career opportunities; discounted hotel rates for you, your friends and your family; a food and beverage discount plus an environment where your development is our priority.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. https://www.onespa.com/