Leisure Club Associate - United Kingdom Posting Date
Jun 11, 2021Job Number
Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, 111 Glasgow Road, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Wipe down fitness center machines and remove towels, trash, and debris from fitness center area. Maintain an adequate supply of cups and water in recreation area. Clean fitness and recreation area restrooms and showers. Obtain, fold, and stack towels according to company procedures. Distribute lockers and towels to guests. Conduct inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment and inform supervisor/manager of low supply items. Provide information to guests about available recreation facilities and activities. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility intended for the safety and welfare of guests and members. Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility.
Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Recreation Communication and Coordination
- Provide information to guests about available recreation facilities, activities, lessons, and equipment.
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas by expressing an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
Recreation Equipment and Supplies
- Clean and maintain recreational equipment and supplies.
- Obtain required number of towels from Laundry based on expected daily needs, transport to work area (fitness center, locker room, pool, tennis court), and fold and stack according to company procedures.
- Distribute lockers and towels to guests as requested.
- Conduct inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment and inform supervisor/manager of low supply items.
Recreation and Fitness Area Maintenance
- Wipe down fitness center machines and remove towels, trash, and debris from fitness center area.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cups and water in recreation area (fitness center, locker room, pool, tennis court).
- Clean fitness and recreation area restrooms and showers, including stocking with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces, refilling towels, and emptying trash.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Working with Others
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Recreation Facilities Safety
- Observe activity in the recreational facility and respond appropriately in accordance with local operating procedure in the event of an emergency.
- Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager.
- Follow company policy and procedure for working with children (e.g., use of waiver forms).
- Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility (fitness center, pool/beach, tennis courts, skiing area) for the safety and welfare of guests and members.
- Complete any certifications/training required by law or manufacturer to instruct guests/clients on the use of equipment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Maintain awareness of unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management/Loss Prevention personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Maintain awareness of suspicious activity and report any suspicious activity to a manager/supervisor.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.