Night Shift Supervisor / Duty Manager - Edinburgh Posting Date
Jun 16, 2021Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, 111 Glasgow Road, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks. Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem. Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system, verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and activating and issuing room key. Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability. Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented. Ensure checks that come from outlets (e.g., Health Club, Retail Shop) are scanned and charged to room.
Assist management in training, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
- Ensures supervisors maintain adequate levels of department supplies.
- Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
- Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
- Manages all period-end inventories.
- Directs, monitors, and assists all overnight staff.
- Ensures guest tracking scores and employee opinion survey goals are achieved.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
- Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
- Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
- Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
- Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
- Manages employee hours.
- Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
- Ensures all employees are trained on specific aspects of their job and are aware of all resources to assist them in problem solving.
- Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
- Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensures constant communication takes place between employees, supervisors and management.
- Provides orientation for new employees and ensuring all information is entered into computer.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
- Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
- Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door policy" and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.