Kitchen Porter, 40 hour - Manchester Posting Date
Jun 18, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Worsley Park, Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
This position is located at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Greater Manchester
The role of the Kitchen Porter is to ensure the overall kitchen area is clean, tidy and meets the required hygiene standards. This includes performing duties including;
- Operating the dish and pan wash machinery to clean crockery and equipment
- Ensuring that all clean items are placed neatly in the appropriate place in the Kitchen and taking care to minimize breakages.
- Adhere to the kitchen standards of Health and Hygiene and ensure the cleaning schedules are adhered to, signed and recorded in line with the food safety policy.
- Ensure that all spillages and breakages are cleaned up immediately to prevent accidents.
- Ensure that at the end of every session the dishwasher is thoroughly cleaned out to prevent food contamination.
- Assist with incoming stock deliveries where necessary
- Empty bins and assist with recycling
This is a 40 hour, permanent position which requires evening, weekend and public holiday working.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.