Assistant General Manager - North Shields
Xercise4less has recently been acquired by the JD Sport Fashion PLC, do you want to be part of the team that transforms the current Xercise4less to become part of the JD Gyms estate? With an excellent basic salary and the opportunity to flourish within a growing company, this is an amazing opportunity to join a fast growing fitness chain.
This role requires a team player with flair and commercial ability, as well as the skill, energy and determination to help drive and develop the business alongside the General Manager. We're looking for a manager with the experience of maintaining and developing the standards and reputation, whilst nurturing a growing membership base and team.
- To help lead and manage the day to day running of the gym.
- To assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence
- To help lead and deliver the commercial performance of the business.
- To help lead and deliver the operational excellence of the club.
- To deliver the set KPIs.
- To help recruit, train and develop a team and help lead them to success.
- Must have experience, ideally in a management position within a leisure related industry.
- Must be passionate about customer service and be an inspirational leader in the way they manage.
- Must be qualified to at least Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Must have experience in driving sales and helping to co-ordinate local marketing activity as well as managing a successful team.
- Ideally will have experience as an Assistant Manager helping to oversee all business areas within a leisure facility or have substantial experience as a Fitness Manager or other similar operational function.
What’s on Offer:
- Excellent opportunity to progress within a growing company.
- Free gym membership.
- JD Sport Fashion company discount scheme
- Private health plan
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
If you see yourself as a team player with strong managerial qualities, please apply in confidence by submitting your CV and a covering letter with details of your current salary package.