Location: South West London- Southfields
Role: Kitchen Assistant, full-time
Salary: £10 - £10.50 per hour
Working pattern: 6 days on, 3 days off, morning shifts only 6am-2.30pm but must be flexible to work across 7 days to suit business needs
Here at Bayley & Sage we do things differently. We are committed to developing our people as we grow and are proud to promote from within. We have reinvested our successful sales profits into our business and we're excited to be opening new stores. It means our People team has to make sure we have the right people, with the right skills, in the right place.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a positive and professional Kitchen Assistant to join our team based at our in-house Kitchen in Southfields (nearest tube Wimbledon Park).
About the role
As a Kitchen Assistant you will work as part of the team to maintain cleanliness of kitchen work areas and equipment and you will assist with the day-to-day preparation of all items of the ready to eat kitchen, which prepares our salads, sandwiches, and dips. This role will require an exceptional level of attention to detail as your work will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction. Our aim is to surprise and delight Bayley & Sage customers through the continuous excellence of our delicious products.
- General washing-up duties to include kitchen areas, equipment and utensils, sweeping, mopping and cleaning all floor and surfaces areas
- Making sure the workstation and equipment is always clean prior to, during and after cooking
- Assisting the kitchen team with additional duties as and when required including accepting and storing food deliveries
- Understanding allergens and where they are found within our dishes, always using the correct chopping boards and/or food preparation areas etc.
- Washing, chopping, peeling, and cutting food with care and attention
- Building, garnishing, assembling, packaging, storing and labelling the ready to eat products and crating them for delivery
- Understanding the importance of maintaining the highest standards of personal hygiene
- Working in a safe and tidy manner at all times
- Following the instructions of the Senior Kitchen team
You will be a hard worker with a passion for food who can contribute a positive attitude within the kitchen team. You will have some experience in a similar role, or you will have worked in a fast-paced environment before. Early morning shift, 6am-2.30pm. You will be looking for a full-time role in a company which offers opportunities for career progression. You take pride in your work and feel a sense of achievement at a job well done.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Sociable hours
- 30% staff discount in-store
Bayley & Sage is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.