Catering Supervisor - Isleworth
To serve customers quickly and efficiently and to ensure that the bar/function room is maintained in a clean and tidy condition creating a pleasant environment in which the customers can enjoy as well as ensuring strict compliance with licensing laws.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure that persons under the age of 18 are not served alcohol as outlined in the licensing act 1964 for England and Wales.
- Serve efficiently and politely ensuring the suitability of the product and provide the centre information whenever possible.
- General cleaning duties of the bar and kitchen to be completed in accordance with the cleaning rota and as specified by the duty manager on any set event.
- Clear down all furniture after each event.
- Rotate stock by date order and move out of date stock into quarantine for the attention of the duty manager. Stock all fridges and restock at the end of each function.
- Report broken or dangerous equipment to the duty manager for repair/replacement
- Reconcile cash at the end of shift and float provided during shift
- Ensure wastage/spills/breakages are recorded in the wastages books provided.
- Assist with food service at busy periods, to ensure tables are cleared of empty glasses and cleaned
- Operate the till system accurately and efficiently, handling cash in accordance with cash handling policy.
- Operate a range of equipment to include coffee machine, fryer, oven etc. in a safe, tidy and hygienic manner in line with manual handling requirements.
- Conduct basis equipment and maintenance checks, immediately report any areas of noncompliance to line manager or manager on duty.
- Fill and replenish food and drinks displays ensure all food and drink displays are presented, merchandised and priced in line with established standards.
- Receive, store and rotate food and drink deliveries.
- Handle any Health and Safety issues involving customers immediately alerting Duty Manager.
- Remain until the end of the function and clear down, if required, fulfilling all duties requested by Duty Manager.
- Any additional duties as assigned
- Minimum level 1 food hygiene certificate (can be trained if other requirements met)
- Experience of customer facing role
- Experience with cash handling or till operation
Knowledge & Skills
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- High command of the English language
- High standard of personal presentation and hygiene
- Attention to detail
The job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role.