Commis Chef - Live In Available - Grantley Hall
Do you have a passion for creating unique and delish dishes?
Yes? If so, then please read the following as we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, five exceptional restaurants and seven sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Purpose of the Role
At Grantley Hall, we currently have a unique opportunity for a Commis Chef join our Banqueting department. We are seeking a mature and highly competent Commis Chef who is passionate about producing creative and unique dishes for all of our guests.
- To assist the head chef in the day to day running of the kitchen
- To work to safe and legal practices
- To ensure the training and standards are kept at all times.
- To ensure all products entering and leaving the kitchens are to the set Grantley standards.
- To work with the team to set SOP’s given to you.
- To track, replenish and keep in date order the stock holding.
- To be pro-active in all actions and tasks set out for you.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experience
- The successful individual will be willing to learn, self-motivated and present a professional persona in all circumstances.
- Have a passion for food and cooking.
- Have excellent timekeeping skills.
- Live in Accommodation available
- Free Uniform / Chef Whites.
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service.
- Modern and spacious live in accommodation for eligible roles.
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary meal when on duty.
- Team Member of the Month Awards.
- Refer a Friend Award.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketeer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.