Head Housekeeper - The Wellington Arms - Hook
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure?
We are looking for a hard-working and experienced Head Housekeeper who has real attention to detail with high standards for presentation to join our team at The Wellington Arms pub, hotel & events venue located in the beautiful Wellington Estate in Stratfield Turgis, between Basingstoke and Reading.
Opened in November 2018, The Wellington Arms underwent a complete refurbishment of its pub, 25 bedrooms and function suite.
The hours for this role will be around 20 hours per week, over 5 days, with weekends a necessity to cover wedding and event stays in the hotel.
We want to deliver the best for our customers and continually exceed their expectations. We strive to be market leaders and achieving this is dependent on the quality of our products, services and our team. We truly believe that to deliver the best for our customers, our teams must be happy at work and well looked after. We believe in being open, honest and fair with our team members.
- Hourly wage of £9.50 per hour
- Share of gratuities circa £3,500 per annum, paid monthly
Other support to you
- Free meals on duty
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- Reduced rate if you wish to join the private healthcare scheme with Westfield Health
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- Regular social events, familiarisation trips and in-house team competitions
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more…
- Involvement in our charity days and events
What we need from you
- A passion for great hotel rooms. We want our people to express real enthusiasm and love for the beautiful hotel rooms we offer. Previous experience in a housekeeping role is desirable
- Attention to detail to ensure rooms, bathrooms and public areas look perfect every day and are kept to a high level of cleanliness
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approachEnthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results and high standards
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
- Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
- Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
- Ambition and drive to become an expert on our products, promotions and competitions