Junior Project Manager - Leeds
The role of a Junior Project Manager with Asda Logistics Services (ALS) is to independently lead multiple cross functional projects through the project lifecycle and to agreed measures of success, working cross functionally with multiple stakeholders.
You'll be responsible for:
- Managing multiple small/medium projects from Initiation to Implementation and project closure, leading the project team, giving clear objectives and direction.
- Owning the consistent approach across all ALS activity and ensuring engagement with every business area across Asda, including providing accurate updates to the ALS board.
- Leading the project meetings/steering groups to ensure key actions/decisions are agreed to drive the project to success.
- Creating clear and detail project plans whilst managing risk, issues, change and dependencies.
- Deliver projects in line with our low cost operating model and ensure that this is at the forefront of all project discussions.
- Agree and implement appropriate governance across all projects.
- Engaging stakeholders to ensure projects are supported consistently throughout the project lifecycle to ensure progress and awareness is communicated.
- Providing challenge and support to Project Sponsors
- Budget control and accurate spend tracking.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and Prince 2 or APMP accredited. You'll also need to have experience of managing and delivering medium scale Projects and Programmes. You'll be a strong communicator with strong stakeholder management experience and be keen to deliver change in a controlled, consistent and timely manner. You will be able to work collaboratively across multiple teams to ensure delivery plans are joined together with clarity and have the ability to switch between strategic and tactical decision-making at pace. To do this, you'll need to be able to engage, challenge and influence at all levels. You will also have a logical approach to problem solving.