Store Assistant - LangleyAbout the Role
Our in-store Pharmacies are hugely popular with our customers and they'll expect the same warmth and friendliness they get everywhere else in the store - as well as being confident and relaxed about discussing personal health issues, quickly resolving customer problems and taking customers to the right products.
Wherever you are, we put our customers first with excellent service, welcoming stores and 'extra special' products - we work as a team to maximise sales, deliver a great shopping trip and safeguard patient safety.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Triage patients that present with minor symptoms
- Spending time accurately assembling and processing prescriptions
- Drive awareness of all the extra services we offer in Pharmacy (e.g. Prescription Collection Service, Medicines Use Reviews etc)
- Support the Pharmacist with the delivery and effective record keeping of patient services (blood pressure checks, stop smoking schemes etc)
- Understanding the strict Standard Operating Procedures and work to them as our customers will expect nothing less
- Collecting the customer's prescription from their doctor's surgery on their behalf and bringing it to the store ready for collection
- Looking the part - there's no such thing as great service without high personal standards - they go hand in hand. Every day you'll be expected to have a smart appearance and play the part in a friendly and highly professional way
We'll help you to become a star Pharmacy colleague - you will complete an accredited course to become a qualified Medicine Counter Assistant within 6 months and you'll then move on to train as a Dispensing Assistant which will complete your pharmacy training. Each step of the way you'll be bringing something extra to our service and moving your career forward.
We'll work with you on your shifts, but the chances are you'll have to work some evenings and weekends and we may need to be flexible with your work pattern - there's something to suit everyone.About You
You'll be naturally friendly, highly organised and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results. You have good computer skills, attention to detail and you communicate well with customers. You love problem solving and you're passionate about helping people and care about giving customers a great healthcare experience, helping them find what they need and having a chat along the way.Your Benefits
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll get lots of other great benefits too, including 10% off your Asda shopping, incentive schemes, a pension scheme, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking to theme parks and cinemas.
Apply today by completing an online application...