Assistant Manager - DarlingtonAbout your role
Do you have a genuine enthusiasm for exceptional customer service, a desire to lead, and a positive, professional attitude? Interested in a rewarding career with excellent career progression opportunities and great benefits?
We want you to be our new Assistant Manager!
Our Assistant Managers are called Club Operations Managers. They're experts at running things smoothly, juggling multiple priorities, and flexible working. As our new Club Operation Manager, you'll help run the club by leading confidently in a variety of roles. Every day will be different, but ultimately you'll be driving the business forward by delivering exceptional customer service and making sure our in-club experience offered is exciting, effortless, and on-brand.Your tasks and responsibilities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Deliver a culture of exceptional customer service by coaching direct reports to enable them to drive service levels in every session.
- Responsible for the flawless execution the Brand within the Club as specified by communications and brand compliance instructions.
- Have a highly visible presence in all areas of the club as a planned activity at peak trading periods in line with the Ways of Working whilst Duty Managing the club.
- Assist the General/Deputy Managers in ensuring that the customer experience is consistently delivered at each point in the customer journey.
- Input into plans for promoting the Club
- Delivering an exceptional food and beverage offering, where quality and service is second to none.
- Flawlessly execute action plans for each department of the club in order to achieve the required KPIs.
- Providing clarity of performance expectations through regular feedback and the implementation of performance reviews for all members of the team.
- Direct, delegate, coach and support Hosts and Presenters to ensure activity is co-ordinated to achieve results and support the consistent delivery of the Buzz brand. Providing clarity of performance expectations through regular feedback and the implementation of Performance Reviews for all members of the team.
- Ensure all customer complaints are resolved immediately and use the feedback to improve service delivery in the future.
- Complete all departmental audits as required by the business.
- Ensuring all departments are operating in strict accordance with the Company's Operating Manuals, standards and procedures.
- Seek opportunities to recognise and appreciate those that go the extra mile or create WOW experiences for the customers.
- Is responsible for the consistent delivery of the Buzz brand values, creates and leads a culture of exceptional customer service
- Ensure adequate levels of staff are deployed in each area to maximise customer service throughout the day.
- Previous experience of managing a team of direct reports in a face to face customer service role, ideally within a leisure, hospitality or retail environment.
- Experience of deputising for senior management.
- Evidence of coaching a team to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrable effective performance management ability.
- Evidence of bringing business acumen to decision making and understands the commercial drivers of the business
- Evidence of setting an example for customer service and interaction 'on the floor'
- Has presence and impact with groups.
- Evidence of being able to manage and drive new initiatives through others.
- A relentless focus upon customer service standards with strong attention to detail
- Self-aware; able to take feedback without defensiveness
- Committed to their own and other's development
- Driven by a need to deliver tangible results; competitive
In return for everything you bring, we offer an exciting, challenging role in a dynamic, rapidly-expanding business and a competitive rewards package. You'll also get massively discounted food in our clubs and free Bingo every month (obviously). Plus, Club Operations Managers get all this from day one:
So, why Buzz Bingo?
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave including public holidays
- Pension scheme
We're proud to be the UK's biggest and safest Bingo club on the high street - and we're still growing. That means we need more excellent people to join us for the exciting journey ahead. We're rebranding, going online, and everyone here has a very important role to play in building Bingo's Most Exciting Community.
We go the extra mile
Joining us means joining our family. We know lots of companies say that, but we really believe it's true. Our teams in Support Centre and our clubs across the country are smart, energised, and passionate about what they do. We know each person here can make a big difference, so we'll support your professional goals, give you what you need to thrive, and help you accomplish the right results - whatever your role. We're dedicated to building Bingo's Most Exciting Community and making our players feel as much a part of our family as we do.
Additional Intranet Text