Restaurant Host - Ship Based - Overseas
At P&O Cruises, we are always looking for new ways to enhance our Guests dining experience. We are so excited to be introducing the brand new role of Restaurant Host into our Food & Beverage department on board. Whilst our operation is currently paused, we have big plans for the future and this is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to advance their career within a premium and compelling dining environment.
As the Restaurant Host, you are the first person that will engage with our Guests as they enter the dining venue, meaning that you are a personal representation of the service and overall hospitality that our Guests are about to receive throughout their dining experience. It is your priority to set those standards high, ensuring that reservations are managed efficiently and ensuring the needs of our Guests are met whilst they are waiting.
Are you passionate about dining experience? Do you model high service standards? Are you confident working under pressure in a challenging environment?
P&O Cruises require the following:
- Excellent Customer Service skills – demonstrable
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle conflict / difficult situations
- Understanding of restaurant etiquette and the guest journey
- Excellent administration skills and PC proficient with MS Word and Excel as must – Silverware or other booking apps an advantage
- High levels of attention to detail and professionalism
- Previous experience as a Host is an advantage / Guest relations
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Ability to communicate upwards
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and out people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.