Commis Chef (Part time), The Stanwell Hotel
The chefs will tell you that the Kitchen is the engine room of the hotel, and rightly so! Our customers expect a high standard of food to be prepared for them and working for such a great brand and well-known brand, this is very important! As Commis Chef you will prepare the dishes from the menus according to the standard set-up to deliver extraordinary dining experience to our customers. You will contribute to the management of the stock, ordering and rotation.
We are currently looking for a part time Commis Chef to join our energetic team.
You should be a hands on person and willing to clean the kitchen and complete the washing up as well.
If you are a chef with a passion to cook great food, with great presentation then we would be interested to meet you!
What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
The Stanwell Heathrow Hotel is a four-star boutique property situated in the historic village of Stanwell.
Perfectly located for business and leisure travelers alike with Windsor, Eton and Ascot Racecourse all within close proximity, and situated a 5-minute drive from Heathrow Airport.
The charming property features grounds and 53 contemporary rooms across the original Victorian house, the new wing and the converted stable block with a selection of rooms including its own private balcony or patio.
Your role in our family:
This is a fast paced, busy, buzzing, customer focused environment. You will need strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and work as part of a team focused on consistently achieving high standards to meet customers’ expectations. You will also ;
- Have passion for food and presentation of dishes
- Have the desire to be trained and coached to get better everyday and learn new skills
- Support the team in giving our guests a no fuss, consistent, amazing product
- Contribute to the cleaning tasks and ensure the checklists are completed as per instruction
- Comply with all health and safety and food regulations by supporting the kitchen in completing checklist
- Able to work flexibly to suit the hours (various shift patterns) & needs of the Kitchen
- Able to work and interact well as part of a team
- Be willing to learn and create great food
- Previous kitchen experience is preferable, but not essential
What happens next:
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.