Head Chef - £40,000 OTE The Cottage Loaf, Llandudno
(£33,000 salary + £4,800 highly achievable bonus + £1000 end of season bonus + Tips)
In the event of any future lockdown, we guarantee regardless of furlough rules and start dates that you will receive your equivalent furlough pay from us.
n exciting opportunity has arisen to head up our busy kitchen and lead its next evolution. We’re looking to move our menu on to the next level, to ensure we stay as a destination for the very best food in North Wales. We’ve a cracking team of chefs and an incredible reputation for our food, achieved through working with local suppliers, using only fresh ingredients and changing our menus regularly with the seasons.
As part of Stange & Co Pub Company, you will have a huge amount of ownership and input into your kitchen & the menu, you will also help choose, and build relationships with local suppliers. But should you need any help with HR, compliance, training, recruitment or maintenance, we’ve an experienced and knowledgeable central team to advise, assist and resolve any issues.
What we are offering you:
- Flexible work/life balance working no more than a 48-hour week
- Autonomy over your menu, designing your own dishes, any indulging and particular passions you might have
- Working with the best local suppliers
- Well-equipped and maintained kitchens, ensuring you have always got the kit you need.
- Your own desk, so you don’t have to try and complete paperwork in the corner of the pub or on the end of the pass and some quieter space to do menu research & development.
- Guaranteed Christmas Day off to spend with your family & friends
- Generous bonus scheme
- Equal share of tips
- Opportunities for development & progression, external training, and experience days
- 50% off when you eat or stay at any of our pubs
- Access to ‘Hospitality Action’, our hardship fund, cycle to work scheme, length of service awards & more
What we are looking for from you:
- Input on designing and producing a consistent, high quality, freshly prepared daily menu.
- To build relationships with local suppliers, sourcing and negotiating for, the best produce around.
- To properly manage the kitchen; consistently achieving set margins & wage percentages and ensuring all food safety legislation is adhered to.
- To lead and bring on our team of chefs, creating an enjoyable & professional environment for both the kitchen and front of house team.
- To be a team player, have a passion for working in the industry and a genuine love of food.
- An attention to detail, and experience of a busy high-volume kitchen at head chef or senior sous level will be essential.
Whilst we are not fine dining, we strive for many of the same attributes: quality, freshness, flavour, consistent execution & smart presentation. Our food is fresh, hearty and interesting, with a menu which not only reflects the seasons & our location, but also helps to ensure sustainability and prevents our customers and kitchen team getting bored, ensuring we’re busy 12 months a year and have an army of avid regulars.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a copy of your CV and a covering note telling us a little about yourself that might not be in your CV, to Jayne Selby, General Manager using the ‘APPLY NOW’ link.