Housekeeper - Newcastle upon Tyne
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Housekeeper in our Newcastle Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital
Join our team at Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital, located in Jesmond; you will be working at one of the north easts leading private hospitals, with a Good CQC rating, we have 27 en-suite private bedrooms, 3 state-of-the-art operating theatres, a dedicated breast care unit. We offer on-site pathology services and diagnostic imaging including CT and MRI, to help patients after surgery we have on-site physiotherapy specialists.
We have a special focus in the areas of orthopaedics, spinal surgery, ophthalmology, weight loss surgery and cosmetic treatment.
We pride ourselves on delivering patient care of the highest standard. That's why we are looking for the very best healthcare professionals to join our team.
We are looking for a motivated, friendly and flexible individual to join our Housekeeping Team.
Keeping our Hospital clean is a big priority for us. As our Housekeeper you will help us to create a safe and pleasant environment for customers. In this varied and physical role as a Housekeeper you will:
- Clean and prepare the areas for which you are responsible following the required Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for patients.
- Get the best from cleaning products and also, using equipment such floor cleaning machine safely.
- Have a variety of general responsibilities ranging from removing waste, to check stock, making beds, cleaning rooms, offices and bathrooms
As an individual with experience in a similar role, you will:
- Take pride in your work.
- Provide general assistance and support as part of a team.
- Care about our customers, so that you can organise your own work and plan your time to make sure cleaning never gets in the way of customer's experience.
- Have good communication skills, this will come in handy when you are working in a team with your colleagues, and also when you are interacting with our customers
- Possess good customer service skills, as this is a customer facing role.
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days' annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - £18,135 pro rata / £9.30 per hour
Location - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Contract Type - Permanent
Weekly Hours - 15
Shift Information -
Saturday 6am - 2pm
Sunday 8am - 4pm
Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.