Beauty Spa Supervisor 32 Hour / 4 days - CHESHIREPosting Date
Jun 16, 2021Job Number
Manchester Arpt Mar Htl, Hale Road, Cheshire, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Ideally located amongst the Cheshire countryside minutes from an International Airport the 4 star Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel embodies a unique mix of Manchester energy and Cheshire charm. It has evolved into an exclusive hotel that is vibrant and stylish with our newly designed Lounge Bar and Restaurant. Experience our hotels exclusive Executive Lounge and new richly appointed non-smoking Executive Bedrooms, with our luxurious Marriott bedding package. Indulge in our hotels Leisure Club and Four Seasons Spa offering massages, waxing, facials and more, worlds away from the stress of the day.
Inspect work areas and tools/equipment to ensure conformance to company standards. Provide general spa orientation to guests upon arrival, such as the location and use of locker rooms, lounge areas, and hospitality stations. Offer guests amenities such as water, juice, or heated neck pillows. Answer questions about general property information and amenities. Resolve scheduling situations as needed by working with leisure club manager. Check computer for updates and changes to schedule regularly throughout the day. Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools and equipment. Maintain cleanliness of workstation, treatment rooms, spa/salon locker room, and lounge areas. Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area. Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift. Stock towels, linens, supplies, and amenities in the locker room, lounge areas, and hospitality stations.
Assist management in training, scheduling, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model or mentor. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Carry out full range of Spa and Beauty treatements
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels in order to take action to improve
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service through training and the performance review process
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters of performance and Goals of the business.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Strives to develop the business with offers, new services and seeking opportunities to improve revenue.
- Brings issues to the attention of the Spa Senior Supervisor.
- Respects the importance of confidentiality regarding information passed from the Spa Senior Supervisor
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the spa..
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Participates in an on-going associate recognition program.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Takes control for the rota and blue cube, monitoring and reporting on this process to ensure full compliance by all team members and the scheduling process.
- Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Maintains the Health and safety files, monitoring training in all areas of the Spa and monitoring the spa matters reporting tool daily.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the review process.
- Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensure floats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secure at all times. Blind Banking procedures are followed along with all local and Marriott policies and procedures.
Why Work For Us:
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and leisure club access-because your well being means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
- pro-ratad 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- Company pension
- Wellness programmes
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Friends and Family rate for overnight stays
- Food & Beverage discount at the hotels
- Team events
- Training and Development
- Career discussions and Qualifications
- Meals on duty
- Use of the Leisure Club
- Dry Cleaning Discounts
- Staff Discounts
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.