Maintenance Technician - PeterboroughPosting Date
Jul 14, 2021Job Number
Engineering & FacilitiesLocation
Peterborough Marriott Hotel, Peterborough Business Park, Peterborough, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge or to begin your career in a market leading hospitality brand?
Are you dynamic, energetic and friendly? Do you thrive on proactively and reactively overcoming challenges? Then look no further - this job is for you!
Reporting directly into the Engineering Supervisor the role of Maintenance Technician is responsible for:
- Responding and attending to guest repair requests
- Performing preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication
- Painting and decorating of public area/guest rooms/ back of house areas
- Following and implementing health and safety practices and polices
- Displaying basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building
Why work for Marriott?
"Take care of your employees and they'll take care of the guests" is the philosophy of our founder. At Marriott, caring for people and the community is part of who we are.
In addition to the fantastic benefits you would expect from a brand of our calibre, Peterborough Marriott Hotel will offer you the following:
- Competitive pay and advancement opportunities
- Uniform & Dry cleaning
- Meals on duty
- TakeCare Wellbeing Program
- Complimentary on site parking
- Discounted Leisure Club membership
- Hotel Room Discounts with Marriott brands worldwide
- Discounts on Food and Beverages, as well as retail discounts in our gift shops, at Marriott hotels around the globe
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.