Exercise on Referral Instructor - 8 hours per week
Fusion’s Exercise on Referral Instructors help our customers understand the importance of exercise to improve their health. As an Exercise on Referral Instructor, you will complete pre and post programme assessments, lead and deliver exercise classes and ensure all participants individual needs and abilities are catered for in order for them to meet their objectives.
Other focuses will be your contribution to the attraction and retention of new and existing participants, and the development of the programme. You will also be responsible for the supervision and influencing of participants within your designated coaching area.
If you have a focus on teamwork, concern for accuracy and quality, drive for achievement and are self-confident with a positive approach to change, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Work to procedures set out in the National Quality Assurance Framework (NQAF) for Exercise Referral Schemes
- Assist the Exercise on Referral and Cardiac Rehabilitation Manager with visits to GP surgeries, and to support the Programme’s work and objectives
- To establish and maintain good relationships with participants, motivating and encouraging participants on the Exercise on Referral Programme to adhere to a regular physical activity programme
- Carry out pre and post Programme assessments of participants and devise appropriate activity plans for each individual
- Refer participants to the Health Trainer where appropriate
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are complied with at all times
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the Programme’s services
- Assist in the development of the Exercise on Referral Programme through innovative ideas
- Be aware of your role in managing emergencies, accident reporting and report defects as necessary
- Deal with complaints in a sensitive manner, promptly and politely in accordance with Fusion’s guidelines
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed/requested, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across centre and sessions
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the relevant equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
To be successful as an Exercise Referral Instructor, you will have:
- Level 3 Exercise on Referral qualification
- First Aid at Work Certificate, or ability to achieve the qualification within 3 months
- Experience of delivering classes in a comparable role
- CIMSPA membership is desirable, but not essential
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.