Would you like to work outdoors, and in the sunshine this year? We are recruiting for Summer Lido Lifeguards at Brockwell Lido, South London.
Summer is here and Fusion Lifestyle’s lidos will be buzzing with customers enjoying our fantastic facilities!
We are now hiring able swimmers to work as Lifeguards!
The role of a Lifeguard:
Lifeguards have one of the most important jobs at our centres, and that is keeping our customers safe in and around the water. Our Lifeguards also perform other duties, such as cleaning assigned areas, setting up and breaking down various activities and events, and conducting pool testing according to procedures. If you are interested in a career in leisure beyond the summer season, Fusion also has fantastic training programmes that can lead to management, plus permanent operational vacancies.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team, in a fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
In order to be considered for a Lifeguard position with Fusion, you need to be an able swimmer with excellent customer service skills. You should also be able to:
- Swim on your front and back
- Swim 50m in under 60 seconds
- Swim 200 meters continuously
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using steps or a ladder
- The ability to pass a NPLQ course (training can be provided, T&Cs apply*)
Individuals that pass our interview and swim competency assessments will be offered employment with Fusion Lifestyle and will be provided with full training.
*Training: Places on National Pool Lifeguard Qualification Courses are limited, and may be subject to learning agreements and minimum contracted hours. If you are offered a place on a NPLQ Course, you will need to agree to attend all course dates.
Hygiene and Safety:
- We highly prioritise the safety of our customers and team members. All team members across the business have a responsibility to ensure our centres and sites are safe and hygienic places to work.
- You will champion in role, and take personal responsibility for all hygiene and health and safety procedures when working from any Fusion centre or site.
- You will also commit to undertaking day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and fittings relevant to your role, (including phones, PCs, plug sockets and cables, tables, doors and door handles, and other shared usage equipment and touch points), to the highest possible standards; informing centre management immediately of any hygiene or health and safety risks.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
Apply below and earn extra cash this summer!
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.