What we need in a nutshell
We’re looking for an experienced kitchen assistant who can deliver delight to our holiday resort guests. You will be helping the kitchen team to run a safe, efficient and profitable food and beverage operation.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in the engine room of the kitchen ensuring guests receive a memorable experience through excellent service and food quality.
- Ensuring the food preparation areas, equipment and floors are clean and hygienic.
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately.
- Accepting deliveries, ensuring ingredients are stored correctly and date rotated.
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare other items on the menu.
- Work alongside front of house and kitchen team to maximise food margins and minimise wastage
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
If you can demonstrate the following, we’d love to hear from you:
- Previous experience working in F&B environment
- Excellence in customer service
- Good written and verbal communication, organisational and leadership skills
- A passion for food and hospitality
- Resilience, energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
It’s the icing on the cake if you have a Level 2 Hygiene certificate and experience in the holiday sector, but don’t worry if you haven’t, we provide plenty of training.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun-loving, people-centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers - have a read about it on our website and decide if it describes you here.
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts, check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.