Bar Manager - London
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bar Manager to join our highly successful teams at both the Covent Garden Hotel and Haymarket Hotel. Your main responsibility will be to oversee the daily operation of the Hotel bar; working alongside senior management and team members, to ensure that the highest level of customer service is being delivered and the expectations of our guests are consistently exceeded.
Essential Key Skills
- Previous experience as a Bar manager in a fast paced, luxury venue
- Demonstrate a key passion for Food and Beverage
- Extensive knowledge of beverages, quality products and ingredients
- Ability to grow and develop our existing menu
- Excellent personal presentation
- Previous experience managing and developing a team
- Capable of motivating a team through training and solid leadership
- Strong communication skills, to effectively communicate with different departments of the hotel
- Excellent attention to deliver inspirational service to all of our guests
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the general day to day management and running of the bar
- Establish strong and professional relationships with our guests, ensuring that an inspirational service is delivered at all times
- Deal with any complaints and be confident to find a solution
- Create new cocktails and drink offerings in line with the company brand
- Ensure the correct measurements and other license regulations are being followed by the team
- Work alongside the Food and Beverage manager to ensure a smooth and high quality service
- Ownership of the bar rota, balancing the needs of the business with staff requests and holidays
- Maintain staff retention
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
- We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
- Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
- Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
- Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
- Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
- Competitive salary
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
- Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
- Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
- Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
- Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
- Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
- Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
- Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
- HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
- Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
- Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
- Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
- Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
- Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
- Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.