The Hare & Hounds Hotel - Nr Tetbury
Up to £20,000 plus tips
Located a couple of miles outside of Tetbury, the 4 star The Hare and Hounds Hotel is part of the long established Cotswold Inns & Hotels group.
This busy 42 bedroom hotel, including a Bar, Terrace and Restaurant very popular with the locals and visitors to Westonbirt & the surrounding Cotswold area.
It is a busy, fast paced environment which in addition to the Bar & Restaurant also caters for up to approximately 80 weddings a year plus private events of up to 120 people.
What we offer you:
- A share of tips
- Staff food on shift
- Discounts across The Cotswold Inns & Hotels and as part of the Fuller's family you get 25% discount off food and drink in any of their Pubs & Hotels.
- Discounted Hotel stays
- Access to our Reward Gateway which offers discounts/cashback on high street stores, cheap cinema tickets and more
- The option to receive up to 30% of your pay as you earn it with Wagestream, meaning you don't have to wait until pay day
We are looking for someone who can maintain a positive and calm outlook, a friendly approach, can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, carry out instructions, be able to pay close attention to detail and a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
To succeed within the role you must have previous experience of working within a hotel reception and knowledge of hotel reservations systems. You should also have good sales ability, an approachable manner, and knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure front office staff provide guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximise hotel revenue
- Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Deal with any outstanding guest requests or issues that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
- Take action to solve guest problems/ complaints
- Follow and implement hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
At Cotswold Inns and Hotels, the personal development of all our employees is a key priority, we ensure regular training is carried out in all departments and actively support individual staff in their attainment of further qualifications and internal promotion.