Night Loss Prevention Officer - United Kingdom Posting Date
Jul 11, 2021Job Number
Loss Prevention & SecurityLocation
London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, 140 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Start Your Journey With Us as a Night Loss prevention Officer at London Marriott Park lane
This 5-star hotel is situated in the centre of London's West End, on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane. Overlooking Hyde Park and once a stately apartment building, the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane is close to all of the city's most famous attractions, theatres and shops. Marble Arch London Underground Station is just metres away and offers easy access to any part of the city.
We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 6,700 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Night Loss Prevention Officer to join our five star, luxurious hotel. Work alongside a fantastic team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training are available to you.
Finance Supervisor Job Summary
- Patrol all areas of the property.
- To do all the safety/security checks.
- Complete with the emergency procedures and SOPs.
- Assist guests with any safety/security matter.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm system, and fire life safety system.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Defuse guest/employee disturbances.
- Call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents.
- Report accidents / incidents online.
- Handle all interruptions and complaints.
- Resolve safety/security hazard situations.
- Escort any unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence; conduct interviews with relevant parties.
- Provide induction and safety/security trainings to the agency security officers.
- Complete audits of keys, lockers.
- Monitor the keys access and building access.
- Cover officers' breaks.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience working within a Security/Military/Police or similar environment preferred.
- SIA license preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
- Excellent level of English essential
- Bachelor's degree preferable but not a pre-requisite
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Manager.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., mobile phones, two-way radios, email).
Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Patrol all areas of the property by foot using specified equipment (e.g., flash light, high visibility jacket) to ensure guest and meeting rooms are secure and assist guests with room access.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV), perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system to ensure that any unusual behavior or emergency situation is dispatched to appropriate personnel for investigation and recorded.
- Lock property entrances during designated times (Lockdown procedure).
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections and report any unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Respond to the scene of guest or employee accidents and determine if emergency aid is required.
- Administer first aid/CPR to guests or employees as required.
- Assist guests or employees during emergency situations, such as fire, evacuation, flood, severe weather, bomb threat, robbery, natural disasters, etc.
- Notify manager, local police, or other appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Communicate specified information regarding guest or employee accidents to EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Defuse guest or employee disturbances/altercations in accordance with company policies and procedures, including summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, and documenting incident.
- Respond to domestic problems with guests and call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents such as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire alarms.
- Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civil disturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals, etc.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Escort any unwelcome persons (e.g., trespassers, loiterers) from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts and document all required information.
- Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report to ensure that all information is properly logged.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents and release information only to authorized individuals.
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence related to theft/fraud or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, and other guest complaints and incidents.
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties in order to obtain statements and information related to incidents.
Why Work for us as a Night Loss Prevention Officer
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent.
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here.
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your wellbeing means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
You're welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you're important to us and that you'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.