Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. To do this, we recruit the very best Operations Managers who have a passion for operational excellence.
As an Operations Manager you will lead and inspire your team members, Lifeguards and Cleaners, overseeing and being responsible for safety, standards and service throughout the club.
You will be an integral part of the club ‘Experience Leadership’ team, and will ensure that the club is clean, tidy, safe and fully operational. Your health and safety responsibilities will involve ensuring all safety and risk management tasks are compliant and in accordance with the company health and safety procedures. You will ensure staff coverage is planned and maintained across departments, with a particular focus on keeping our pool members safe. You will also act as a first responder to all emergency responder alerts, as a qualified first aider on duty (training is provided). You will also make sure that pool supervision is in line with our operating procedures, and know how to take action if errors take place.
You will also work closely with the other club Head of Department managers, supporting meetings with your detailed knowledge of financial, operational, revenue management and relevant customer experience insight/feedback. You are on-hand to help with member queries or complaints, as well as working with our maintenance team to fix any issues in the club.
Lastly, you will help to create a working environment where our team members feel inspired, motivated and engaged, so that they make a real contribution to our clubs, and the success of the business as a whole.
This is an exciting role for a hard-working and organised manager.
So what qualities does an Operations Manager need to join Virgin Active?
- You have operational experience within a customer facing environment
- You have strong people management and organisation skills, and are confident in people management processes such as absence management and disciplinaries
- You are known for your friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively
- You have excellent attention to detail – nothing gets by without you noticing!
- You are a safety role model, driving excellent standards to keep our members safe
- You are confident in your leadership skills, and have experience of managing multiple team members, as well as recruitment and payroll
- You are a great communicator, and always willing to support both staff and members
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing