Events Executive - BournemouthPosting Date
Jul 06, 2021Job Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, St. Michaels Road, Bournemouth, DORSET, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
At Marriott, we don't just host events, we make memories. Life is a collection of moments; so here at Marriott, our wish is to make those moments unforgettable. An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Sales and Events Department as an Event Executive (Memory Maker). Working 40 hours per week over 5 days, with a normal working pattern of Tuesday to Saturday, as an event executive you will be making memories for our Conferences, Wedding and other Events. This role will have a primary focus on Weddings however will also support the Conferences and Meetings.
Main Duties Include:
- Meet and greet prospective guests and show them around the hotel
- Prepare sales-related documents, including proposals, contracts and banquet event orders
- Put together information packages, brochures and other promotional materials
- Use sales techniques to maximise revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty
- Promote awareness of our brand image internally and externally
- Be a point of contact for clients and guests, responding to questions about hotel facilities and services
- Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing
Qualifications and Skills
There are a range of qualifications, skills and characteristics we are looking for to successfully fill this role. These include:
- A warm, people-oriented demeanour
- A team-first attitude
- Experience with CRM software desirable, ideally Opera.
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Planning, multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills, with a good level of English.
Progression and Benefits
'Open doors to opportunity' is Marriott's primary vision and as a consequence, the organisation is regularly looking to invest in its associates to ensure they are given the opportunities to grow and progress. To support this there are a range of benefits the company offers, including:
- Free meals on shift.
- Free use of our on-site gym facilities.
- Discounted stays at Marriott hotels worldwide.
- Free Car parking
- Training and development opportunities.
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.