CHEF DE PARTIE – IMMEDIATE START - GREECE
From €1,100 per month, plus tips, statutory bonuses, accommodation, meals and travel.
We are looking for a team of experienced chefs to take on the challenge of running our four busy restaurants, whether based in our prep kitchen, our deli or in our open kitchens producing quality dishes, our chefs are team players looking for a challenge who love what they do and are excited about sharing quality dishes with our guests.
The Peligoni Club is a family run beach club in the secluded north of Zakynthos, Greece. Established over 30 years ago, we are a members only retreat for a fun-loving crowd, small and personal with a focus on quality over quantity.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage a section within the kitchen
- Work on events on our weekly agenda as and when required
- Work on events such as weddings and Guest Chef feasts as and when required
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a fast-paced tapas style restaurant is desirable
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for the remainder of our season (July – October)