Food and Beverage Server - Casual Hours - TYNE AND WEAR Posting Date
Jul 06, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, Metro Centre, Newcastle, TYNE AND WEAR, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
In your new role as Food and Beverage Server at the Metro Centre Marriott, you will be responsible for:
- Serving food courses and beverages to guests either in the Cast Iron Bar and Grill or Room Service
- Being attentive during service and checking in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Answering questions on menu selections including allergen information, dietary needs and special requests. In addition to communicating these to the kitchen.
- Working closely and professionally with the Kitchen team regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Recording all transactions in MICROS system at time of order, presenting accurate bill information to guests and follow all cash handling procedures thoroughly.
- Maintaining excellent cleanliness of work areas, crockery & glassware.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to Manager.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
We are ideally looking for a Food and Beverage Server with:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A passion for F&B
- Cash Handling experience and numerical skills - desired but not essential
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.