Conference and Banqueting Manager - LancashirePosting Date
Jul 05, 2021Job Number
Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Lancashire, LANCASHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotels. Come and join our Conference and Banqueting team at the four star Preston Marriott Hotel and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
The Preston Marriott Hotel is a grand Victorian manor house which sits in landscaped gardens and exudes charm and warmth from the moment you arrive. It situated just off the M6 motorway on the outskirts of the city and it easily accessible by car and it is also on a main public transport route.
Preston Marriott is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our Brew Bar and Cast Iron Bar and Grill. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities. Preston Marriott Hotel has fully equipped fitness centre and swimming pool.
Specific Job Duties
- Managing Conference and Banqueting Operations on a daily basis
- Leading and managing the Conference and Banqueting team - writing rotas, continuously developing staff members, setting goals, delegating tasks accordingly
- Ensuring and providing exceptional customer service. Constantly striving to drive the department forward.
- Work closely with the General Manager, HR and other department heads to drive the department and hotel forward.
Perks you deserve
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Meals on duty
- Generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Scheme to help guide you through the challenging times in your life
- Recommend a Friend
- Length of Service Recognition
- Life Assurance Cover
- Access to the fantastic Marriott UK Benefits Site where you can take advantage of great discounts including, travel, cycle to work, shopping discounts at over 60 major UK retailers and so much more
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.