Senior Events Operations Supervisor - Maidstone Posting Date
Jul 05, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Ashford Road Bearsted, Maidstone, KENT, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
To operate as part of the Food & Beverage leadership team, including Bar & Restaurant Operations, responsible for all activities in Events Operations ensuring the quality, quantity and presentation of food & beverage, and all associated conference set -ups and AV equipment are provided to guests, in accordance with Conference SOPS and company standards and to ensure the customers expectations are met in full.
Oversees day to day operations of Events ensures consistency at the highest level of service by training and developing staff and executing the requirements of events based on service standards. The position ensures all elements of the Marriott Memory's Made and Meetings Made Programs are delivered to the latest Marriott standards and requirements the Red Coat Program in place and adhered to by all service hosts.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Previous experience working within a Food & Beverage or similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
- Knowledge of Event Technology products and services
- Knowledge of current trends in event management and event technology and ability to integrate into the operation in a timely manner
- Broad understanding of facility management (sanitation, maintenance, operations)
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective conflict management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective influence skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective coaching and development skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling
- Good presentation skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree preferred
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Orders supplies for the department, e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs
- Participate in F&B monthly department meetings
- Demonstrate an awareness and application where appropriate of current industry standards and overall presentation trends.
- Schedules workforce to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures
- Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Be familiar with hotels current goals for Guestvoice
- Empowers hosts to provide excellent customer service. Ensures hosts understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of hosts and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Reviews guests comment and guest satisfaction, participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Ensures host awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Support the F&B manager with the recruitment and hire process
- Supports a departmental orientation program for hosts to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures hosts are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for associates; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Participates in the host performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with hosts and ensures hosts do the same within the team.
- Actively solicits associate feedback, utilizes and "open door" policy and reviews hosts satisfaction results to identify and address host problems or concerns. Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Participates in host progressive discipline procedures. Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with hosts to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired results.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures host recognition is taking place on all shifts. Participates in an on-going host recognition program.
- Participates and support the hotels ARC team and activities
Sales and Events Management
- Effectively up-sells products and services throughout the event phase.
- Work in partnership with the Sales and Events department to ensure operations deliver customer expectations
- Attend weekly BEO meeting and other operational meetings as required
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Utilizes Kronos to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance. Meets HR Kronos compliance
- Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures accurate customer billing for banquet events.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week.
- Work flexibly across the hotel/ club as required
- Maintain social distancing throughout the hotel, as per the guidelines from the government, wherever possible from colleagues and guests (distancing regulations will be in accordance with any government guidance).
- Wear all provided PPE instructed.
- Wash hands frequently or after each task following proper handwashing techniques. Sanitize hands on a regular basis during shifts