FLY LDN is looking for a Studio Manager for our City studio, our sister studio in Fitzrovia, and our virtual studio, FLY LDN Online.
FLY is a young, ambitious business and we are looking to grow fast. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in fast-paced environments, leading and managing their team, and working closely with our marketing and training teams to plan for success.
Responsibilities would include:
- Shift work to enable you to work alongside your team, understand their roles, build client relationships, represent the studio and lead by example.
- Admin days to give you the time to monitor studio performance against strategy and report to the wider team.
- Management of studio systems, including booking system and FLY LDN Online back end.
- Recruitment, development and performance of the Front Of House team (“FOH”).
- Responsibility for the smooth operation of each location (FOH scheduling, management of housekeeping, preventative maintenance, procurement and stock control, COVID and usual safety protocols, risk assessments etc).
- Assisting in the operations management of FLY LDN Online
- Responsibility for customer service and best delivery of the FOH experience.
- Monitor and analyse studio performance (financial and operational).
- Reporting to senior management on studio performance and profitability.
- Creating and executing strategies and procedures to improve our customer service, customer experience, and product.
- Development and delivery of relevant FOH and studio team training.
- Management of event and location hire bookings at the studios, supporting on delivery of brand collaborations, product placement, etc.
- Fostering an inclusive, ambitious and meritocratic environment; driving collaboration between teams, as 'one team'. All with the goal of delivering an exceptional client experience and an excellent product.
Flexibility is required in this role. Working times are based on business need but early starts (5:30am) and late finishes (9:30pm) are common. Occasional weekend work is also required. Some remote working can be accommodated (on admin days). However, on-site supervision is crucial to delivery of the role.
- Ownership of studio operations at FLY, FLOW and FLY LDN Online
- Management of the FOH team
- Delivery of exceptional customer service and experience
- Delivery of studio financial and operational performance target
- 2+ years management experience with demonstrable operational and customer service ability
- Proven experience in managing budgets and delivering to financial and operational targets
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel
- Analytical and able to think laterally and independently with strong common sense
- Aptitude for analysing data to understand current performance and areas for improvement (financial and operational)
- Highly organised, multi-tasker, comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Shows extreme ownership of their brief
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Confident, professional but empathetic leadership style
- Able to deliver performance feedback clearly, authoritatively but sensitively to foster an ambitious, meritocratic environment and extreme ownership within their team.
- Has pride in their work and high standards for themselves and others
- Able to work independently but willing to ask for input or help when needed
- Previous experience of Zingfit (booking system) is helpful but not essential.
- Experience within the fitness industry or retail would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited studio classes
- FLY LDN Online subscription
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of UK bank holidays)