Housekeeping Associate - United Kingdom Posting Date
Jul 02, 2021Job Number
Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, 111 Glasgow Road, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area. Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering. Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms. Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items. Make beds and fold terry. Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items. Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order. Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances. Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings. Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance. Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Follow and comply with the CleanMatters Housekeeping Training Program, utilise the detailed processes, tools and resources to ensure guests feel welcome and experience an inviting hotel that holds the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Use the appropriate PPE equipment as per most current Marriott UK guideline
- Frequent cleaning of touchpoints in line with guidance from the hotel management.
- Fill all hand sanitizer stations as required
- Be aware of hotel's layout and facilities.
- Hand immediately any lost property to the Lead Housekeeper, noting time, place and date.
- Report all maintenance faults to Head or Lead Housekeeper.
- Fully understand all fire and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Observe Company and Statutory Health and Safety Regulations.
- Always keeps uniform smart and clean.
- Attend Departmental meetings, participating when appropriate.
- Attend any training sessions as identified or requested by your Lead Housekeeper.
- To be fully trained and to understand COSHH/Health and Safety.
- Adhere to all Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and Controls.
- Aware of energy conservation efforts and follow Company procedures.
- Understand and comply with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Ensure all bedrooms correspond with lists given, reporting any discrepancies immediately to the Housekeeping Lead.
- Collect any laundry and deliver to linen room.
- Remove all trays out of rooms.
- Open all windows in all rooms.
- Place all dirty linen skips provided.
- Collect clean linen as and when required.
- Identify reject linen and store this separately to return to the linen room.
- Service and sanitise one room at a time to the highest standard and in accordance with the Marriott room specification, as required.
- Conduct electrostatic spraying in all rooms as per training.
- Carry out the 'Job of the day' to the highest standard.
- Use chemicals in line with COSHH training
- Complete any mistakes passed on by the Lead Housekeeper, handing back in at the end of the shift.
Public Area duties:
- Hoover and dust corridors, clean fire doors and brasses.
- Ensure all public areas correspond with lists given, reporting any discrepancies immediately.
- Hoover and dust function / meeting rooms
- Regular cleaning of public toilet areas and replenish toiletries, including leisure club if required.
- Sanitise office space, canteen, Associate locker room & toilets
Linen Room Responsibilities:
- Carry out daily Laundry shift operations, and ensure compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures stock of linen pars.
- Move linen around the hotel as required.
- Avoid clean laundry contact with floors, walls and dirty laundry bags.
- Do not use the same gloves when handling clean and dirty laundry.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Disinfect washers and dryers.
- Disinfect linen carts when received and returned from outside suppliers
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.