Room Attendant - London Posting Date
Jun 22, 2021Job Number
Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, 140 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Start Your Journey With Us as a Room Attendant (Fixed term- 6 months /Part-time) at London Marriott Park lane
This 5-star hotel is situated in the centre of London's West End, on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane. Overlooking Hyde Park and once a stately apartment building, the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane is close to all of the city's most famous attractions, theatres and shops. Marble Arch London Underground Station is just metres away and offers easy access to any part of the city.
We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 6,700 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Room Attendant to join our five star, luxurious hotel. Work alongside a fantastic team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training are available to you.
The impact you'll make
When a guest walks into any of our rooms - imagine that first look around they take. Followed by that sigh of relief because they've arrived to their home away from home, be it for a night or a week, and it's perfect. Everything is exactly in its place.
Crisp, pressed linens. Perfectly placed pillows. A sparkling mirror. Every detail adding up to an experience our guests feel great about because they know they're in good hands while staying with us. That's the impact you make with your efforts, which become even bigger when those experiences add up and create a loyal customer.
Room Attendant Job Summary
As our new Room Attendant, you will:
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
- Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items.
- Make beds and fold terry. Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order.
- Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and perform floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
Why Work for us as a Room Attendant
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent.
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here.
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your wellbeing means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
What we're looking for
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- Time Management
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional demeanor, clear communication and appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
You're welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you're important to us and that you'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.