Senior Sommelier - LONDONPosting Date
Jul 03, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
The London EDITION, 6-9 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom Brand
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
We are looking for a curious, passionate and driven Senior Sommelier to join our team at Berners Tavern.
Under the direction of celebrated Michelin starred chef Jason Atherton, the award-winning Berners Tavern is a gastronomic gem in a truly breath-taking setting. We offer a contemporary British menu that is simple yet elegant, using the very best products in the British Isles.
As Senior Sommelier you will work within the sommelier team on all aspects of the wine service in the restaurant. You will recommend and sell wines to our guests that complement their tastes and menu choices, have a passion to develop your own knowledge and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You will also have a keen interest in developing more junior members of the sommelier team, and show leadership during service.
We Are Looking For
- A passion for Wine and drive to develop their skill set and knowledge
- Previous experience as a sommelier in a five-star hotel or busy fine dining restaurant
- WSET qualified or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent wine service skills (serving, decanting, recommending, food & wine pairing).
- Someone who can create a memorable experience for our guests.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Flexibility to support the team across the restaurant. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated team player.
What You Get In Return
- Free gym membership
- Exclusive benefits and discounts in the neighbourhood
- Discounted room nights
- Free meals, uniform and laundry
- 28 holiday days (including bank holidays)
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award-winning brand where we celebrate your unique talent
- World class training and development
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.