Golf Operations Associate - 40 Hours - West Midlands Posting Date
Jul 02, 2021Job Number
Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family. An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Golf team at this four-star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities. The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
To support the smooth and efficient running of the Golf operation in all areas including; retail, course co-ordination, course concierge, course marshalling and reception.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time/ Part Time position based at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel and Country Club
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred but not essential
- First Aid (desirable)
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Golf knowledge essential
Education or Certification
- PGA Training/ PGA Qualification desired but not essential
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position.
- To provide a consistently high level of service and hospitality to all Members, Guests and Customers at all times and in all areas of the Golf Operation.
- To ensure that all areas of the Golf Operation function smoothly and in accordance with the standards laid out within the Marriott Golf Audit and other relevant SOPs.
- To meet all criteria required to pass the necessary Marriott audits such as the Marriott Golf Audit 'Brand Standards' & '59 Club Mystery Shopper'
- Take golf reservations and ensure that all golf bookings are correctly inputted into Concept booking system, and that revenue is processed correctly
- To assist in general shop and service-related duties (e.g. merchandising, stock control, cleaning)
- Be responsible for all payment transactions personally taken on shift and to report any discrepancies.
- Check-in all golfers following the correct audit criteria and support the day to day management of tee times.
- Support the daily management and maintenance of the buggy fleet and operation, including cleaning, fueling and positioning ensuring that sufficient buggies are available to cater for both that day and following day's business.
- Regularly monitor and stock the locker facilities, undertake cleaning as required.
- Assist with ball control and cleanliness at the Golf Academy/ range.
- Ensure that guidelines, as set by the hotel, are followed in terms of sanitisation and safety practices with regards to the customer facing areas in the golf operations, equipment, retail, buggies and confectionary.
- Carry out course marshalling duties.
- Ensure that the Half Way House is operational, in line with Marriott Standards.
- Carry out green fee payment checks with the collection of tickets on the 1st tee.
- Ensure that all golfers are abiding by the rules of the game and course etiquette (replacing divots, raking bunkers etc...) and the dress code.
- Keep play moving at a reasonable pace by following Marriott pace of play guidelines
- Be of assistance to all golfers as requested and report serious on course problems to the golf shop, Golf Operations Supervisor or Director of Golf.
- Corporate golf day banner management, score card marking, scoreboard updates and any other Corporate / Society Day requests.
- To support the successful running of golf days; including being the host to organisers where required
- To support the effective delivery of member competitions and bookings, including handicap maintenance.
- To Comply with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures at all times.
- To carry out other duties across the hotel as assigned by management that may be required to ensure the Hotel Operation is properly maintained in line with budget and/ or to provide total guest satisfaction.
- To ensure all Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours
- Those who are qualified, can provide Golf Tuition as per the Marriott Golf Pro Tuition program