Leisure and Parks Development Officer - Hertford
- Full time
- Fixed Term/Secondment
- Closing date is Friday 23 July 2021 at 12pm.
About the role
An opportunity for an experienced leisure and parks professional has become available to work at Hertford as part of the Leisure & Parks team. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career as we are currently investing £30m into redeveloping our leisure centres, launching a new Parks & Open Spaces Strategy and delivering two high profile projects funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
The current post holder is taking a temporary secondment for two years.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual committed to excellence in their work and with a passion for delivering services through effective contract monitoring and proactively resolving issues.
If successful you will assist across all aspects of our leisure centre provision, parks maintenance and development including contract monitoring, dealing with customers and organising improvement projects.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To undertake day to day management of the leisure centres operator and grounds maintenance contractor ensuring their work is effectively planned, controlled and supervised
- Working closely with the customer service and business development support teams to understand complaint trends and issue instructions to the contractors to ensure effective control and contract operations, investigating complex complaints, gathering and analysing performance data and writing reports
- To assist with the delivery of strategies
- To carry out operational audits of performance in line with contract specifications
- To support the development of specifications and tender documents and procurement process for contracts
- To support the delivery of capital and revenues programmes for leisure and parks
This role will suit an enthusiastic team player who enjoys setting their own work plan in a customer facing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a recognised qualification or equivalent in Leisure or Amenity Horticulture and an excellent working knowledge of the relevant processes, policies and practices relating to management of leisure centres, sports development /physical activity or contract compliance
- experience of contract monitoring in one or more of the areas within the service
- experience of managing small projects within leisure or parks and open spaces
- the ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy
- competency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- excellent communication skills
- a track record of project delivery
- experience of working with multiple stakeholders from the public and private sector
- the ability to motivate people around them
How to apply
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Rowan Perrin on : 07702 083037?
Closing date: Friday 23 July 2021 at 12pm.
Interviews will be held on: week commencing 26th July 2021
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity