Food & Beverage Associate Aberdeen Marriott Hotel - Aberdeen Posting Date
Jun 03, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel, Overton Circle-Dyce, Aberdeen, Aberdeen City, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
To provide service of the highest standard. To assist in the smooth running of the Food & Beverage Departments in order to give guest satisfaction. To prepare the restaurant, laying and clearing tables, serving food and wine to guests. To prepare the bar, laying and clearing tables, serving food and drinks to guests.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Casual position based at the Aberdeen Marriott Hotel
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - N/A
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience or similar environment preferred.
- Experience of delivering a high quality guest service.
Education or Certification
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
- Cocktail, Whisky and Wine Knowledge
- Good level of English essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificated
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To ensure that you have a full product knowledge of all menu items and their service.
- To maintain a high standard of service within the restaurant and bar at all times.
- To promote sales and achieve maximum sales potential for both food and beverages.
- To prepare drinks to Marriott standards.
- To clear and lay tables throughout and after service.
- To ensure that service areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To stock bar and replenish serving supplies and ice.
- To carry out other duties as may be required to ensure the hotel operation is properly maintained to provide total guest satisfaction.
- Have a sound working knowledge of the menu and wine list to assist the guest in their choice from the menu.
- Deal with any issues that may arise to minimise guest complaints.
- Up sell at every opportunity to maximise profitability.
- Ensure that you attend regular training sessions as designated by your Manager.
- Attend all scheduled department meetings.
- Work in a safe manner at all times. Adhere to safety polices and be responsible to report accidents immediately.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but no guarantee of regular hours available, depending on business needs.