Hotel Operations Assistant - Kick Start - TYNE AND WEAR Posting Date
Jul 01, 2021Job Number
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, Metro Centre, Newcastle, TYNE AND WEAR, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Marriott Kickstart Placement - Food & Beverage
Who are you?
As a Kickstart Assistant in Food & Beverage, you will support the team in providing guests with excellent service in a warm, positive and hospitable manner by being knowledgeable about serving Food and Beverage products, you would also learn about allergies and the importance of product knowledge. You will build your skills and train to understand Health and Safety guidelines, COVID-19 Protocols, local established service procedures and how to maintain good hygiene practices in line with company guidelines. A Kickstart Assistant will understand & foster the Art of Hosting culture. The Kickstart Assistant will be assigned a buddy who will guide them on department procedures and hotel protocol.
As a Kickstart Team member, you don't need to have any prior experience, but you do need to have the following skills:
Education or Certification
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive and reliable
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to follow Instructions
- Willingness to learn
- Desire to take care of our guests
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good level of English essential
- Food Hygiene qualification desirable
What will you do?
- Provide a consistently high level of service and hospitality to all Members, Guests and Customers at all times and in all areas of Food & Beverage and Conference & Banqueting.
- Ensure tasks carried out are in line with Company Brand Standard requirements and established SOP's in all areas of Food & Beverage.
- Learn to anticipate guest needs and go the extra mile in making the guest experience memorable & brilliant. Use the guest's name often during any interaction.
- All transactions should be recorded in the point of sale system. Be responsible for all payment transactions personally taken on shift and to report any discrepancies.
- Personal hygiene standards to be maintained at all times at the highest-level including washing hands regularly.
- Ensure uniform standards are maintained, appropriate footwear and name tags are worn, uniform must always be clean and fresh.
- Comply with Fire Regulations, Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation and policies, as per the Associate Handbook and the Hotel Health & Safety Policy.
- Follow Covid-19 protocol and wear appropriate PPE in line with Company guidelines and Health & Safety guidelines. Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of all heart of house areas. Follow social distancing measures in place as per Company & Government guidelines.
- To ensure all cash/key controls are adhered to and in line with Marriott policies, that includes but not limited to cashiering overage and shortage, float contracts, point of sale usage, handling of credit cards, tips/service charge and banking any monies.
- Record and report any maintenance defects to your Line Manager and Maintenance.
- To Comply with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets including protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
What training will I receive?
We are committed to providing you with a balanced training plan that will not only help you gain or enhance your knowledge of the hospitality industry but will also help you acquire many life-skills. The list below are some examples
- Company Orientation including Marriott Culture & Art of Hosting
- Health & Safety and Covid-19 training such as Fire training, COSHH, Commitment to Clean, Manual Handling, Disability Awareness, Electrical Safety
- Discipline specific training
- Information Security Protection
- Human Trafficking
What does success look like?
Success in this role will be specific to the individual but will typically include:
- Completion of the Kickstart Placement
- Completion of all training on your Personal Training/Development Plan
- Positive Performance during the Placement as measured by regular and end of placement reviews with your Line Manager/Supervisor
- Positive contribution to our business as measured by our Guest Voice / Guest Feedback
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.