As part of the Customer Experience Team based at Barbican BSO, as a Central Sales specialist you’ll provide outstanding customer service & experience for our new customers as well as clubs across all of the UK. You will understand our customers, their goals and motivations for joining while helping them to understand the incredible value a Virgin Active membership will bring. You’ll inspire our potential new members and play an active part in the business achieving the monthly UK sales and retention targets. You’ll have a varied workload so you will need to be agile and think on your feet to ensure that the prospect’s expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. During every interaction you will be set delivering our Customer-Centric strategy setting us up to become the World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand!
- Extremely strong interpersonal abilities - it is vital that employees in this role have a genuine interest in wanting to help and inspire our new customers as well as the team.
- Excellent telephone manner and great written communication skills at all levels. You will get our new members excited and inspired for their new membership by understanding their goals and aspirations; what is it they’ve always wanted to achieve?
- Proactively learning, understanding and participating in Virgin Active facilities and classes so that you can credibly speak about membership from first-hand experience. You will be able to inspire members to achieve their goals using your thorough understanding of the caller and Virgin Active.
- Have an open attitude to learning, developing your skills and consistently look to improve your personal development utilising the support from your team and manager.
- Strong written skills. You’ll need to be comfortable writing freely (we don’t like templates) and have excellent knowledge of grammar and spelling. You’ll also need an eye for detail and the ability to adapt your writing style accordingly.
- Great time management skills and with a self-starter attitude.
- The ability to remain calm and think on your feet.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills and proficient in using a computer, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, not including breaks. Variable shifts to include evenings and weekends.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Health & dental care