Head Chef - BournemouthPosting Date
Jun 30, 2021Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, St. Michaels Road, Bournemouth, DORSET, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
An exciting opportunity has become available at the Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel. We are looking for a Head Chef - Banqueting who is keen to grow inside the biggest hotel company in the world!
Culinary associates at our Marriott Hotels enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
We offer our Managers:
- Competitive salary
- Meals on duty
- Free use of the hotel gym
- Company Paid Private Medical Care
- Company matched pension contributions up to 6%
- Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it's brands
- Worldwide food and drink discounts
- An attractive long service programme
- Inclusive car parking
As a Head Banqueting Chef, you will be required to;
- Supports in making memories for our banquet, conferences and wedding guests.
- Work enthusiastically as a member of our banquet kitchen team.
- Utilise interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen banquet operations
- Lead shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.Serve as a role model and drive training & development for the team
- Estimate production needs, order and follow banquet Banquet event requests.
- Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain fridges and other food storage areas, monitoring and recording temperatures
- Supervise all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produce
- Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with the rest of the hotel team.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.