Cafe Supervisor - Wilmslow
Total Fitness is the leading mid-market health club brand in the North. With 16 health clubs across the North of England and Wales, Total Fitness provides a full-service fitness offering both in club and online; guided by knowledgeable and supportive fitness teams, the brand works hard to meet the evolving needs of its members.
Total Fitness began in 1993 with a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and that belief is stronger than ever today. Total Fitness knows that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, so their large health clubs offer many ways to workout; extensive gym floors, over 70 classes a week, impressive swimming pools, expert personal trainers, and digital content- allowing members to take the brand home. This workout variety provides its members with a route to 360 fitness that lasts longer than a one-off spin class.
With over 600 staff and support from its network of freelance fitness partners and brands, Total Fitness delivers its purpose daily to around 80,000 members and guests.
We’re made of more, because you are.
What will I be doing?
- Using every opportunity to smile and talk to our members, resolving member’s queries/complaints and checking they are happy.
- Keeping our cafe clean, tidy and presented to our members’ expectations, working the till with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensuring our Thrive food and beverages are served fast and to specification every time, and that members have everything they need.
- Managing queues to deliver fantastic service.
- Knowing your menu and encouraging members to try new things.
- Knowing the health benefits of our menu and offering advice.
- Full knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety standards and making sure my team members, members and myself are always safe.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with team members.
- Knowing your club and engaging with members about their activities.
- Following the Ways and Working and ensuring the team are following the Ways of Working on each shift.
- Supervising, inducting and training team members on all the above activities.
- Supporting the Cafe Manager in completion of team rota’s, stock checks and ordering, team communication and cashing up procedures.
- Manage kitchen standards and due diligence daily
- Complete weekly Health and Safety audit with the Café manager and action any discrepancy
- Opening and closing the department.
- Be an ambassador for Thrive, actively promoting and displaying the Total Fitness Values and behaviours
- Assisting the Café Manager in driving service levels and member experience scores
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly KPIs are hit and exceeded
- Hold department in the absence of Café Manager (holidays, sickness etc.)
What qualifications, skills and experience do I need?
- Can show a genuine passion when engaging with individuals.
- Can demonstrate excellence in customer service.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Team player.
What will I get in return?
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- Free membership for you and a loved one plus 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discount on retail and cafe products
- 28 days holidays including public/bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
If you are interested, then don't waste any time and apply now!