Lifeguard – Hanworth
Lampton Leisure is a new company setup to manage and operate the leisure services for Hounslow Council across the borough in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Join the team and help make a difference to the local communities in Hounslow!
We are looking for dedicated a Lifeguard to ensure a safe and enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience of working in a comparable role
- Experience of delivering first class customer service to a diverse client base
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation, and the ability to exercise these in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to appropriately correct behaviour of pool users; and the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers
- Good numerical and written skills
- High standard of physical fitness
- Ability to deliver first class customer service to a diverse client base
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers and business
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Honest, but always constructive and positive
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Responsible for own level of performance
- Models hygienic and safe ways of working
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL):
- Centre Management Team
- Operational Team
- Members of the Public
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out pool testing, and other health and safety checks as directed by Centre Management, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times where appropriate
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning, maintenance and remedial work of relevant equipment and fittings to the highest possible standards, carrying out inspections and bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
- Proactively direct and manage customer behaviour during use of the pool and other relevant facilities, to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
Customer Care and Satisfaction:
- Actively engage with members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging repeat bookings, dealing with any customer queries and delivering a high level of customer service
- Action the handling of customer feedback, escalating complaints where appropriate
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies and operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Ensure all concerns of a safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Lampton Leisure’s Safeguarding Policy
- Participate in sale and daily lead generation activities as directed
- Communicate and promote Centre services and revenue opportunities
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the pool in accordance with RLSS standards and site NOP and EAP
- Assist with daily operations ensuring effective, accurate and timely set-ups, take-downs and changeovers
- Assist with the preparation of all areas for activities and special events as required
- Assist with deliveries to the centre, storage and stock control
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications and CPD/ training requirements
To work in accordance with the Company’s customer care, conservation and environmental policies and to promote Lampton Leisure Ltd good name and effective working relationships with outside organisations.
Health & Safety at Work
Lampton Leisure Ltd Health and Safety Policy and Procedures together with, where applicable, the Department’s Policy Statement and all relevant Health & Safety at Work instructions are to be considered as part of this Job Description.
Compliance with Lampton Leisure Ltd Code of Conduct
All employees have an obligation to comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
Lampton Group and its subsidiaries are committed to maintain the privacy of all its staff and customers. It expects all staff to handle all individuals ‘personal information in a sensitive and professional manner. All staff are under an obligation not to gain access or attempt to gain access to information they are not authorised to have.
Employees shall not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, nationality, disability or age and shall seek to eliminate such discrimination by others to promote equal opportunities. Employees will be afforded equal opportunities in employment irrespective of disability, gender, race, religion, age, sexuality, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities and hours of work.
Any Other Duties
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within the company, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.