Fitness Instructor - Hanworth
Lampton Leisure is a new company setup to manage and operate the leisure services for Hounslow Council across the borough in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Join the team and help make a difference to the local communities in Hounslow!
This is an incredibly exciting time for motivated Fitness Instructors to join us and help us on the first steps to achieving our vision You core purpose will be to provide day to day operational supervision of the centre, under the direction of the senior manager on duty.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Supervise fitness-related customer activity, ensuring a safe, enjoyable and quality customer experience.
- Supervise activities in the Fitness Room and operate the equipment in a manner consistent with safe working practice, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the facility
- Undertake all day to day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
- Assist in the implementation, marketing and administration of activities and healthy lifestyles
- Support and assist in sales and retention processes
- Maintain customer records of programme of activities and lifestyle programmes
- Actively engage with members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging maximum usage
- Assist in the effective operations of the activity programme by coaching and teaching, where appropriate.
- Devise and deliver fitness assessments, programmes and testing, exercise prescription, GP referrals and specialist inductions, as and when required (following appropriate training)
- Assist in the development of safe and effective programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate.
- Deliver group exercise activities, as required
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
To work in accordance with the Company’s customer care, conservation and environmental policies and to promote Lampton Leisure Ltd good name and effective working relationships with outside organisations.
Lampton Leisure Ltd Health and Safety Policy and Procedures together with, where applicable, the Department’s Policy Statement and all relevant Health & Safety at Work instructions are to be considered as part of this Job Description.
- Compliance with Lampton Leisure Ltd Code of Conduct
All employees have an obligation to comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
Lampton Group and its subsidiaries are committed to maintain the privacy of all its staff and customers. It expects all staff to handle all individuals ‘personal information in a sensitive and professional manner. All staff are under an obligation not to gain access or attempt to gain access to information they are not authorised to have.
Employees shall not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, nationality, disability or age and shall seek to eliminate such discrimination by others to promote equal opportunities. Employees will be afforded equal opportunities in employment irrespective of disability, gender, race, religion, age, sexuality, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities and hours of work.
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within the company, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to “seal the deal” without inappropriately pressurizing the customer
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Good numerical and written skills
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- REPS Level 2 qualified and registered
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL):
- Management Team
The job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role