Designate General Manager Programme - Nationwide
Fancy a career with the UK’s largest holiday park operator? Parkdean Resorts was voted the 2019 Best UK Family holiday Company and our accolades don’t stop there. Our business is fast paced, exciting and full of opportunity across our 67 UK parks. Where better to carve your career within the industry?
Our Designate Programme is fast becoming a huge success for our business. We recognise that General Managers from outside of our sector bring valuable experience and skills to the Holiday Park Industry. This is why we are keen to speak to experienced General Managers from other target driven industries who have experience of leading successful teams and managing multiple revenue streams. Then it’s over to us to put you through your paces at our 12 week Designate training programme where we equip you with all the additional skills you need to run your own holiday park.
As the UK’s largest holiday park operator, the opportunities at Parkdean Resorts are endless, at the end of the 12 week programme you will be assigned your own park within the UK in either our North or South region depending on where you applied. Flexibility is a must to ensure we suit your skills to the best location where you can hit the ground running.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the park in line with current company policies and procedures ensuring delivery of the financial target of the parks EBITDA.
- Recruiting, motivating, training and consistently developing the department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver/exceed our guest expectations.
- Taking full responsibility of all revenue streams including Holiday Home Sales and Owners, Holiday Hire, on park spend and all park overheads whilst being directly accountable for the operation of all areas of the park
- Managing, organising and controlling the process of any specified capital expenditure as directed by the Regional Director ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved
- Managing agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs, alongside determining and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments.
- Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives.
- A key focus area is agreeing, with department managers, their business plans and performance targets and monitoring these.
- Planning with the management team strategies to meet the seasonal demands of the business
The ideal person will have
- Experience of leading a successful team within a target driven industry.
- Strong business and financial acumen, ability to work to budgets and achieve targets whilst maintaining customer focus.
- An honest, professional and a respectful approach
- Experience of handling complaints, confident when faced with adversity and the ability to problem solve when faced with challenges.
- Experience of planning & organising projects
- Experience of recruiting, training and developing.