General Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Location: Gym Based - Abu Dhabi
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team and managing the daily operation of the business. They will be responsible for maintaining the standard of work from employees as well as onboarding and hiring new team members. This role requires a leader who gets involved and leads by example, those who are happy to sit and give orders need not apply.
You must have experience in a fast paced environment dealing with a high pressured sales team and managing the daily operations of it. In order to succeed within this role you must be able to multi task and remain calm and collected in challenging situations.
Arabic and English speaking would be advantageous within this role due to the location of this club however this is not a necessity.
FULL JOB SPECIFICATION:
The purpose of the role is:
To take responsibility of managing the gym and all staff members, whilst ensuring the brand standard is adhered to. To create a welcoming environment for all gym members and by doing so maximising profit. To drive productivity within the team to ensure KPI’s are delivered against company expectations.
The Role and Key Duties
- Ensure that all policies and procedures in both the Health and Safety Employee Handbook and Company Procedures Handbook are adhered to by yourself and your team.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining the Gymnation Brand Standard.
- To exceed membership sales targets issued by central support.
- To deliver and exceed all sales KPI’s set by central support through effective time management and task delegation within your team.
- To deliver and exceed membership mix targets issued by central support, this includes any add-ons at point of sale such as ‘Starter Pack’ sales.
- Responsible for prospect management within the company’s sales system following the guidelines set by central support.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of effective club marketing planners to maximise incoming prospect enquiries and footfall.
- To deliver an industry leading member experience through regular face to face and remote contact with members in line with their journey and company KPI’s.
- Responsible for driving down member attrition rates through excellent levels of customer service and use of customer feedback systems in line with company expectations.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly safety checks. Report and chase all defects, to ensure the building and its equipment is safe to use.
- Recruit and manage a team of self-employed Personal Trainers ensuring they provide enough cover for a safe gym operation.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of club rota's for all departments in line with company guidelines.
- Responsible for the development of all roles within the club through regular structured meetings, training and PDP’s.
- Manage the gym within budgetary constraints and ensure all orders go through the systems specified by central support.
- To drive and maximise secondary/ancillary revenue.
- To ensure the whole of the gym facility is of the highest standard of cleanliness.
- Ensure the contract cleaners are operating in line with our third-party SLA.
- To conduct regular audits at the gym and possibly other gyms to ensure brand standards are being adhered to.
- To manage the weekly banking process so that wastage and variance is minimal, therefore maximising profit.
- To ensure all team members hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate
- Ensure all Personal Trainers hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate and are qualified to at least a Level 3 Personal Trainer certificate. Ensure they also have the relevant Group Exercise qualifications (if teaching licensed classes) and insurance.
- Ensure all Freelance Group Exercise Instructors hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate. They must also have the relevant Group Exercise qualifications (if teaching licensed classes) and insurance.
- To ensure all Personal Trainers have an in date/signed Licence agreement and all fees are paid.
- To ensure uniform standards are being adhered to by all team members and yourself.
- To produce and review the Group Exercise timetable so it meets the needs of the business and falls in line with the budget issued by central support.
- Ensure the gym provides adequate drop-in sessions for new members. Ensure the Staff, Personal Trainers and you carry these out to a high standard.
- Ensure that all Personal Trainers have their valid occupational health cards (OHC).
- Ensure all bookable classes and inductions are available for members to book online.
- To help create an environment where the team and contracted personnel enjoy themselves whilst at work.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties/projects/meetings, that may be required.
- To always be an ambassador of Gymnation.
- Management and Customer Service experience Strong administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Comfort working with budgets, payroll, revenue and forecasting Strong communications skills