Residential CaretakerResidential Caretaker
This role is based in Hounslow at our first residency venture, a private development with a collection of 22 houses and 12 apartments in a suburban part of the city of London.
As the Caretaker you will be responsible for the upkeep of each property and the communal areas. Ensuring the health and safety of our residents, and undertaking all maintenance duties, including painting, plumbing, electrical and carpentering.
Please note that this property is completely independent from the Ibis Styles Heathrow East Hotel
What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
Your role in our family:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Your key deliverables:
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring all H&S auditing requirements are met and all systems are kept accurate/up to date
- Support internal meetings to deliver and exceed on property and company key performance indicators.
- Completion of statutory and non-statutory PPMs to strict timelines
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems
- To manage and supervise service contractors during their maintenance visits and call outs; ensuring contractor activity is conducted safely and in line with our policies/service agreements. Also, to obtain quotes for any recommended remedial works as required
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner
- Complete any other associated tasks requested by the Group Lettings Manager to achieve centre objectives
Daily responsibilities to your role:
What happens next:
- Liaise with the Group Lettings Manager to carry out required general maintenance duties and redecoration on vacant properties.
- Carry out preparation/repair/application of finishing products as necessary.
- Undertake both responsive and planned maintenance, repair, and installation work
- Execute workmanship using own initiative, to a high standard and ensure it is carried out in strict compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other relevant legislation covering safety in the workplace for self and others.
- Carry out inspections of empty properties to determine the extent of decoration and general maintenance required.
- Carry out inspections of occupied properties to investigate reported maintenance issues
- Carry out regular site patrols for litter, security, and general communal upkeep
- Carry out all necessary administrative work associated with departmental management requirements accurately and timely record all processes from receiving jobs through to completion.
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.