Rope Course Instructor (Part- time) - Hampshire
We are looking for hard working, friendly and adventurous people who really care about providing the best experience possible to join our Rope Course Team. The role of Rope Course Instructor role involve providing a fun and/or challenging Rope Course experience to both children and adults.
The role is part time with many different shifts available but with high numbers of shifts available at weekends and during the peak business periods, such as school holidays.
Due to our Health and Safety rules you’ll need to be over 18 to apply for his role.
- Assist in successfully delivering the adventure, ensuring a great guest experience, caring for equipment, managing facilities, Health and Safety, and a bit of administration
- Ensure customers complete relevant paperwork and comply with company rules and policy
- Fit, remove and inspect harnesses and protective equipment
- Demonstrate and ensure the safe system of activities at all times
- Instruct and brief guests on safety procedures and the safe way of experiencing activities - evaluate participant competence to continue beyond the briefing stage
- Monitor every participant individually at the briefing stage and at each site
- Patrol the course; ensure all guests are safely conducting themselves and assist participants where necessary, carry out emergency drills in accordance with company directives and training, and ensure all landing sites are maintained to the correct standard
- Carry out course checks and record/report findings as well as maintenance checks
The ideal Rope Course Instructor candidate will have an outgoing personality and a can-do approach to any task. You must be over 18 years of age to apply for this role due to our insurance requirements.
- Ideally first-hand experience climbing and on high or low ropes
- Safety conscious, with a professional outlook
- Able to work under own initiative without supervision
- A ‘guest comes first’ attitude with drive and enthusiasm to achieve WOW!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Enthusiastic team player who is able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic working environment
- High energy levels with a cheerful disposition, even when under pressure
- Must like working outdoors and have a good head for heights
- Able to perform all physical duties (with reasonable adjustments where required)