Head Gardner - Eastwell Manor - Ashford
Eastwell Manor is a luxury Spa Hotel set in the picture-perfect countryside in Kent, the heart of the Garden of England. We boast 75 bedrooms, our luxurious spa incorporates 21 treatment rooms, a 3000 square foot gym and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and a 9-hole golf course. We are proudly well known for our stunning traditional afternoon tea. In addition to this our venue offers our guests the ability to have their own fairy tale wedding. We also have an award-winning restaurant, our speciality is special occasions and helping our guests celebrate in style. These guest experiences make for great employee experiences.
We’re found in the middle of 65 acres of pristine countryside, a 10 minute taxi from Ashford international train station and minutes from the Ashford / Kennington bus routes. Onsite accommodation is available for short or long term use if relocation is required.
We are extremely proud of our heritage and it is that that shapes our vison, it is our teams and their expertise that help bring the vision to life. We are proud to be collaborative, supportive and open minded.
We have a proven track record for developing our team and creating a workplace where people feel comfortable and happy doing what they do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and hard-working Head Gardner to join our dedicated Grounds team at Champneys Eastwell Manor.
Whilst we have a full job description for this role, the summary points are;
- Manage and maintenance of the 65 acre grounds including lawns, flowerbeds, planters, trees and car parks.
- Knowledge of safe use of machinery is a pre-requisite, as is the ability to lead a team.
- Golf course knowledge is advantageous.
- To ensure seasonal planting, pruning and hedging are completed to maintain the resort in the best possible appearance.
- To ensure lawns are mowed to the correct length and at the correct time, minimising weed growth.
- To adequately plan supply, storage and use of equipment, plants and consumables to maintain the best possible appearance of the grounds.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required, to ensure the appropriate maintenance and appearance of the grounds of the Resort at all times.
With guest satisfaction at the forefront of what we do, you will assist with a programme of planned ground work and ensure it is undertaken with minimum disruption to guests and facilities. As the Head Gardner, you will have an understanding of and assist with adherence to Health and Safety and other statutory regulations and company policies and procedures, ensuring these are considered and complied with at all times.
Being the iconic wellbeing brand that we are you should expect benefits that match our simple vision; to make you feel happier and healthier inside and out.
Not only will you work in great company where we share and believe in our vision you will also have access to the following;
- Health, Wellness and Wellbeing incentives
- Champneys experiences
- App technology for all our essential forms
- In house social media connecting our Champneys Family
- Motivating, rewarding and engaging colleague events
- Discounted stays for you, your friends and family at any of our Hotels or Resorts
- Heavily discounted rates at our getaway Haven
- Complimentary Spa Day
- Exceptional discount on Champneys products
- Great discounts on our partner products
- Discounted membership to our exceptional health clubs
- Access to Learning & Development aimed at job satisfaction and career advancement
- Mental Health Awareness Days
- Access to wider wallet – discounts on a wide range of websites, high street shops and great experiences for you and your family
- Merlin Entertainments Attraction
- Introduce a friend incentive
- Long Service celebrations
- Free parking
- Professional Uniform
We hope we have given you an insight into us, we now want an insight into you. We are passionate about our brand, are you? If you are, provide a supporting letter with your relevant CV and tell us why Champneys is for you.
We anticipate this to be a popular role, please bear with us whilst we review and read every application. We aim to get back to all applicants.
As an equal opportunities employer, Champneys is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Champneys