Food and Beverage Supervisor (Claret Jug) - Mottram Hall - Macclesfield
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Cheshire, Hertfordshire, Hampshire, Kent and Leicestershire.
Mottram Hall is currently looking for an experienced Food & Beverage Supervisor who is passionate about delivering the highest level of service to all guests.
The Claret Jug bar and brasserie is our club house and a busy environment for not just our golfers but also guests wanting a more informal dining experience. We boast far-reaching views and a wraparound veranda, it’s more than just a clubhouse bar!
You will be responsible for the supervision and running of the outlet and ensure a high standard of service providing an excellent dining experience to Champneys guests and golfers. You will promote and deliver effective supervision of the area, maximise sales and ensure the Claret Jug is presented in an inviting yet relaxed way.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Food & Beverage supervisor with a proven track record of delivering a high level of service in a quality, fast-paced hotel/restaurant environment.
As a Food and Beverage Supervisor you will be responsible for;
- You will assist in the day-to-day running of the department and ensuring your team are fully briefed on the day’s guests, bookings and food offerings.
- In conjunction with the F&B Senior Team you will be responsible for maintaining high standards of professional service at all times in the restaurant areas.
- To supervise and assign tasks to ensure the completion of the daily cleaning of the restaurants, service areas and equipment. To ensure a high level of presentation.
- To assist / perform pre-service briefings, and check daily menu’s with the senior chef on duty.
- To ensure dietary sheets are provided for guests with specific requirements
- To support F+B Assistants with training and also to supervise services
- Responsible for documenting all sales and forward all room charge receipts to front of house team to be filed in guest accounts.
- Assisting with the profitability of the department.
- Ensuring all service staff had a good knowledge of nutrition and adhere to dietary policies.
- In the absence of Manager Ensuring restaurant staff are fully briefed before every shift, checking daily menus with the senior chef on duty.
- To know and understand guests’ dietary requirements and ensure all restaurant staff are informed and understand.
Being the iconic wellbeing brand that we are you should expect benefits that match our simple vision; to make you feel happier and healthier inside and out.
Not only will you work in great company where we share and believe in our vision you will also have access to the following;
- Health, Wellness and Wellbeing incentives
- Champneys experiences
- App technology for all our essential forms
- In house social media connecting our Champneys Family
- Motivating, rewarding and engaging colleague events
- Discounted stays for you, your friends and family at any of our Hotels or Resorts
- Heavily discounted rates at our getaway Haven
- Complimentary Spa Day
- Exceptional discount on Champneys products
- Great discounts on our partner products
- Discounted membership to our exceptional health clubs
- Access to Learning & Development aimed at job satisfaction and career advancement
- Mental Health Awareness Days
- Access to wider wallet – discounts on a wide range of websites, high street shops and great experiences for you and your family
- Merlin Entertainments Attraction
- Introduce a friend incentive
- Long Service celebrations
- Free parking
- Professional Uniform
We hope we have given you an insight into us, we now want an insight into you. We are passionate about our brand, are you? If you are, provide a supporting letter with your relevant CV and tell us why Champneys is for you.
We anticipate this to be a popular role, please bear with us whilst we review and read every application. We aim to get back to all applicants.
As an equal opportunities employer, Champneys is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to having a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Champneys.